Redeemer Building Use
Redeemer Lutheran Church
Guidelines for Use of Church Facilities
The purpose of the facilities of Redeemer Lutheran Church is to serve the church members, their guests and the community in a Christian atmosphere and setting. Making these facilities available is an integral part of the total mission of Redeemer and seeks to complement and strengthen all church ministries.
1. Spiritual: Use of the facility for spiritual purposes by Redeemer Lutheran Church shall be given the highest priority and takes precedence over all other uses. Spiritual use by other groups shall be set by consultation between the Church office, Pastor and the Trustees.
2. Charitable: Use by non-profit charitable organizations providing service to the community shall be set by consultation between the Church office, Pastor and the Trustees.
3. Educational and Civic: Groups that support educational and other civic interests are
Welcome. Their use shall be set by consultation between the Church office, Pastor and the Trustees.
4. Special Use: Church property may be used members or their immediate family for private parties, birthdays, showers, anniversary’s, etc. at the discretion of the Church office, Pastor and the Trustees.
Guidelines for use of facility:
1. The sanctuary is a place of worship and shall be treated as such. Speech and personal actions shall reflect that you are in the Lord’s House. No food or beverages are allowed in the Sanctuary at any time. Use of the sanctuary for anything other than worship, funerals, and weddings will be permitted only after the approval of the Trustees in consultation with the Pastor.
2. Groups obtaining permission for use of specific rooms shall restrict their activities to those rooms and the nearest hallway and restrooms. Organizational leaders using any portion of the facilities shall not allow guests to roam freely outside the immediate area. Children and all youth organizations utilizing the church facilities shall be supervised by adults at all times.
3. All persons using the facilities shall adhere to our policy of no smoking on the premises.
Alcoholic beverages will be permitted only after the approval of the Trustees in consultation with the Pastor.
4. Any use of the kitchen must be arranged in advance with the Church office and Trustees at the time of the room request. Use of the electrical equipment, stoves,
dishwasher, dishes, utensils, pots, pans, or food preparation equipment is permitted with specific instruction by the trustees or there representative.
5. Sanctuary sound system, pianos and the organ shall not be used without specific permission.
6. Any decorations must be approved and shall not be attached to the walls or ceilings in a manner that will leave any damage. They must be removed upon completion of the activity.
7. Outside groups using the facility shall at the discretion of the Trustees and Church office, be given a Key to the facility. All keys shall be returned to the Church office within 24 hours of the event.
8. Outside groups using the facility shall, at the discretion of the Trustees and Church office pay for any required custodial service. Typical cost would be $75.00.
9. It is expected that the building and grounds will be left in the same condition in which they were found, including replacement of any furnishings (tables, chairs, etc.) Any damage must be reported to the church office.
10. Recurring weekly or monthly events will be approved on an annual basis, in consultation between the Church office, Pastor and the Trustees. Final approval for all weekly or monthly events will be given by the Church Council at the August council meeting.
11. Fees for all weekly or monthly events shall be negotiated by the Church Council. Fees for all singe events shall be determined on an individual basis at the discretion of the Church office, Pastor and the Trustees.
12. Redeemer Lutheran Church does not accept liability or responsibility for personal injury, disability, or property losses incurred during the use of church facilities. The signatory and/or organization agree to indemnify and hold harmless Redeemer Lutheran Church; it’s Trustees, and any representatives of the Church. All outside groups must provide insurance with Redeemer Lutheran Church as additional insured and shall provide proof of such additional insurance coverage to the Church prior to the activity.